Believe me, I understand fully and wholeheartedly that there are many “petty baby mama’s” (I hate that term) that find any way possible to make the lives of their child/children fathers difficult. However, I’ve noticed a trend of “dumbassness” (I don’t care if it’s a real word or not) amongst many (not all) fathers. YOU MAKE WOMEN WANT TO LET THE GOVERNMENT IN ON YOUR BUSINESS! Let me be clear, the last thing I want is for any woman to place a man on child support when he should want to take full responsibility for the child/children he created. Still, when many women receive little to no help their backs are against the wall. What else is she to do? So, I decided to offer my male readers valuable advice as to how to stay off child support.
- STOP ASKING WHAT THEY NEED! What the hell do you need? They need the same stuff. They need socks, underwear, clothes, shoes, a tooth brush, jackets, hats, sandals, boots, etc.
- BE CONSISTENT! Nobody said you have to spend $300 each time you shop for your kids. If you buy a few outfits and a pair of shoes just don’t let 3 months go by before you buy something else. Bring your child a jacket in a few weeks (seasons do change) or buy underclothes on your next check. Those little things add up.
- PAY HALF OF ACTIVITY COSTS. If your child plays basketball, the piano, is a gymnast, or a cheerleader that mess costs. Go half on the cost of the program and buy supplies needed for participation.
- STOP FLEXING WHEN YOU KNOW YOU’RE NOT DOING HALF OF WHAT YOU SHOULD. How dare you give your child’s mom $50 a month for the care of the life you helped to create and then post pictures on social media of you with $200 shoes, plane tickets, $100 bottles of liquor, and $90 jeans. What do you think she’s going to say or do? Here she is sacrificing wearing her same shoes from 4 years ago so that she can buy shoes for your child.
- BE THERE. Many mothers are so upset by the combination of no financial help and no physical help that they literally make you pay. A trip to the park or a free weekend for mom goes a long way.
Try these things dad’s they’re guaranteed to make you life so much easier.
Until next time…
photo taken from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/388013324127775162